break-ups to hot bods


yesterday a collegue mentioned to me that her ex boyfriend had taken up body building, and showed me some hilarious pictures of some dude with a golden tint and a speedo. it made me think of my ex-roommate who's ex-bf also resorted to pumping some serious iron after their break-up. I mean...a good friend of mine resorted to working out a lot after a tough break-up, but dude....if you resort to waxing your entire body, stripping down to a bro-thong, and flexing your ass-muscles in front of hundreds of people, that break up must have been SERIOUS.
i guess a serious break-up can do a lot of things to someone. my barber stopped eating for 3 days after he "trashed" his engagement, another friend just went out and got drunk and hooked up with some random girl. in my case, I cried like a bitch and ate lots of sorbet (no ice cream cuz I'm lactose intolerant). PSYC!!! puh-leaseeeee. real men don't cry.
anyhow, so my question is: how does one deal with a serious break-up???
17 comments:
Alcohol... Or Scott Hazelton. Never both at the same time though, something bad might happen.
unsubscribe.
When I was in college, my relationship with my girlfriend started to go bad. So, like an idiot, I thought buying her something would fix it. I got her a really nice mountain bike. The next day, some strange dude rode past me on it while I walked to class. That was not what I had in mind when I gave it to her. That next weekend she asked if she could borrow my car to go home for the weekend. "Sure. Say hi to your parents for me." Yea. Ok. She never went home-she and the guy on my mountain bike went to like Niagara Falls for a romantic getaway.
When they got back, I waited until midnight, climbed the fire escape to her apartment, opened the window and, while I don't remember exactly what I yelled, managed to get the point across that we were no longer together. I am fairly certain she knew that already, but it made me feel better, and I think the guy peed the bed. Moral? Make sure you are on the handle end of the shovel. While it still stinks, at least your friends don't think you're (completely) spineless.
Z
WOWWWW....
Serious breakup? Hmmm.....
I've seen some ridiculous routines, but personally...things run a little different.
Sure you get a bit down, and sure you don't feel quite like yourself...
...but then, you slip on a new pair of kicks, a crisp pair of jeans, a track jacket, your oversized headphones, and your backpack...
...and you find someplace to write a verse about it.
In other words, sometimes the creative outlet is the best means.
- AMS (NERD KING!!)
Avril Lavigne
Me, I deal with it by not sleeping and dropping weight. But I also manipulate the shit out of things. I find it's best to take the high road on everything, that way they feel even more like crap.
Kill them with kindness. If that doesn't work, stand outside her window with a boombox over your head blasting In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel.
Start a blog.
switch teams....
cry, let your friends talk shit, look hot, dance, tylenol pm (we'll call that plan B)
bang, get banged and get bangs.
Eat some Korean fried chicken. it always works for me.h
Becca has a question..."Are you ever going to post a question that doesn't have to do with your "game"?
I'm trying to expand my horizion.
I'll give you a head start -Football training camps kicked off this Saturday - there are 100 possible questions; now pick one and give us something new to work with.
football sucks. real football (aka soccer) rules =P
I can't tell you what you should do... but here are some things you SHOULDN'T DO:
-don't isolate yourself: you need get involved in some sort of routine where you are socializing with people. Surround yourself with people who you trust and will listen to you vent... but also make sure you don't involve people who will just tell you what you want to hear. We need people to prevent us from getting into a "self pity" mode... and they need to love us enough to jump kick us in the face and tell us to move on with our life.
-stop talking to him/her if you still are. stop all communications so that you have a chance to admit to yourself that is is over. It's over. It's done. And if the two of you are ever going to get back together again... you have to FIRST start the healing process. don't dwell on the "should have's, could have's, or what if's"... they call it a break up cuz it be broken! the timing was off, or expectations of each other are different. just let it be and learn to let her/him go. if you two are meant to be, man... it will happen organically... cuz there is NO way we can ever force ourselves back into someone's heart.
-don't let fear kill you. you've got to surrender your imagination, ESPECIALLY if that person is already dating. If you want to stop your nightmares... you've got to stop imagining them two spanking each other with candy canes!
-don't be lazy tool: get out, excercise and diet. our bodies are amazing... take care of its physical needs and it'll help balance our mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
-don't take my advice... I'm just another person who is making the whole thing more complicated cuz I don't know all the details of what's going on.
I'm going back to Becca's comment. No offense to the 'game' questions... because hell that's what I blog about and I've got no room to judge!! But, am I hyper sensitive or has this turned into a cliff notes to how to get over someone?
And to that there's one answer... stop selling yourself short by dwelling, change the channel and relish the kick-ass-witty-outstanding-sexy-successful-catch you are and do whatever makes you happy (cause after all isn't that the best part about being unattached?).
Oh and.... football (american, non traditional, handball, whatever name you wanna give it) does rule!
Ahh the tough break up. Nothing really 'grinds my gears' more than a tough breakup. Sometimes you think you've got the one so it's tough to picture yourself without them but the reality is it's over, there was a breakup for a reason, and there's lots more fish in the sea. Then you think you'll never get anyone else because you're now a lazy fatass who has gotten used to not trying to impress anyone anymore and let all your good friends go to spend every waking moment with that someone. Time to do the "i'm sorry i blew you off for that biatch/a-hole" routine to your friends, and get back in an enjoy your good friendships and family...go get drunk and remember how good single life is...and yes definitely pump a little iron to attract that next someone who will start the cycle all over again for you.
Word.
-Cheeeeez
Post a Comment