the online dating "game"

since you all obviously respond more to questions about "game", I figure I take it back to the old school and drop some knowledge on the ONLINE DATING "game". yes, I openly admit to having hunted hotties over the world wide web. my natural first step was the famous match.com, which is ripe with lonely ladies looking for love from d-lo. from experienced cougars (aka "seasoned vets") to young kitty kats, match.com was kind of like an a la cart menu of single women waiting to find a special person. the funny thing about online dating is that its meant to facilitate meaningful relationships, but its so unbelievably superficial all at the same time. I mean people have to post hot pics of their hot bods and then type out some witty profile about how great they are, and then fill out their body type, height, eye color, best feature, religion, eating habits, blah blah blah. i mean....imagine walking into a bar/restaurant and everybody had written on their chest that they were looking for someone who is asian, over six ft tall, intelligent, stylish (with my friday attire)...sexy...sexy...and let me not forget...sexy. my "game" would be off the heezy!
and in NYC at least you think you'd never actually run into someone from the virtual world, in the real world. but being the suave social butterfly that I am, I've already had a couple coincidental encounters with match.com ladies. I said "oh shit" to one girl's face as she approached me at a bar. so smooth...like butta baby. then yesterday as I'm walking home the same girl walked by with a dude and had a huge smirk on her face. she obviously still digs me.
but online dating is getting more and more popular and socially acceptable despite the negative stigmas associated with it. and if a cool cat like me is resorting to "web winking" then its gotta be pretty legit. I have to admit, makes for some good stories.
but will online dating ever be more popular than going to a bar/club and drunkenly making out with a strange person?
7 comments:
Online dating is the next logical step in relationships. I haven't met anyone in the last five years who, after meeting someone they're interested in, doesn't Google them to see if they are (were) sexual predators/drug dealers/former Centers for the New York Knicks.
I too have done Match. But in answer to your question, no, it'll never be more popular than making out with a stranger in a bar. Your computer just doesn't give you the physical response most people need. (Trust me, I tried and ended up frying my motherboard)
My old roomate used to bring home new girls every other night that he'd meet on Myspace. It was insane. Some of these girls would drive from a nearby town even!!
No it can never replace the random make out session in the bar. I would be worried that one of those internet daters would lie about his/her qualities, post pictures that are not of his/her, and possibly show up with a shiv to slash my throat. Anyone seen "To Catch a Predator"?? So your options, random young person in the bar, or child molestor, serial killer, or date rapist? But what do I know, if it works for D-Lo, the self-proclaimed "mad-gamer", then maybe it is okay. Or to bring this back to the original reason for the start of this blog........ D-Lo resorts to internet dating b/c he indeed, HAS NO GAME!
If Scott Hazelton is using online dating... Yes it will. His name on one dating site alone will garner more hits than all others combined.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LtfQg4KkR88
The biggest advantage of online dating is you can do it from work. You can't make out with strangers at work (unless you are Scott Hazelton)
Drunken make outs at a bar are the reason I have so many adventurous tales come Monday morn'.
My NYC bathroom exploits are infamous and my make out bar "seshes" with the felluhs and on those really drunken nights, with the ladies, are what keep me mostly away from the InterWeb date world.
Then there was that one time. I was swayed on one occasion and opted to "purchase" my men from an online source. Where did it get me? Two years of dead weight known as 'AD' and 'Jorge Grande.' I finally dropped those fools and life is so much the better.
I'll keep my stranger-love in full effect as long as there are bathrooms with doors, elevators without cameras, pews without children and men with giant WHALEBONEs.
Long live drunken make outs and adventurous stories.
Post a Comment