the man
ok...so at first you guys were probably thinkin I was going to start off by saying how I'm "the man" and how much "game" I have. while all true and indisputable scientific facts, that's not what this is about.
I was talking to a buddy of mine who basically asked me if I was concerned about this blog reaching people in the ad business and whether I was concerned about people thinking I was actually serious in my narcissism. and at first I was like hmm...good point...if you don't know me, I can see how people might not get the inside jokes or extreme sarcasm. but if you aren't going to consider me for the job because I have a blog that is humurous and explicit and doesn't just revolve around what I think or feel is important in this world, then we probably won't work well together because our personalities will differ greatly. and while I understand the need to be able to work with people you don't necessarily like, if I'm spending 40 hrs a week with you in the office, I would hope we can joke about the same things.
anyhow...so my good friend got me thinking about "the man" and how corporations can often times impose and project ideals and values on individuals. everyone who works for someone else has gone through it. nobody wants to work for someone else. everybody wants to be the boss. but it sucks when you realize that you can't say "dude" because your company is going to think you're less professional and not good at your job. last time I checked, saying "dude" wasn't prohibited in the employee handbook. it also sucks because part is that what I do for a living is try to figure out how to communicate and engage people. and this blog is a case study on how to do just that. you're still reading right? =)
well...this is the first post where I don't really have a question for you, and probably one of the only ones where I lecture you on what I think. sorry peoples. the ironic thing is that it's kind of a big buzz kill for everyone. and nobody wants to read something about your company imposing will on you when chances are, you're probably reading this at work!
so enough about me...let's get back to how rad d-Lo is.
2 comments:
Of course, DLo, you would make a good point with no question attached b/c it has nothing to do with you. TSK TSK TSK
Yes, everyone imposes their own views on someone else. It's called freedom which includes the freedom to be a hater on other people's good times.
Your friend shouldn't worry about this piddly lil' ass blog affecting anything related to work or future work. No one will read it and I barely care to except I get to make fun of you which brings me a joy that I can barely verbalize.
i love the love. =)
Post a Comment